Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Berkeley China Forum 2012 -- China In Transition
Sunday, November 18, 2012 from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM (PST)
Berkeley China Forum (BCF) is a non-profit forum initiated by Berkeley Chinese Student and Scholars Association (BCSSA). In partnership with Berkeley International Office and Berkeley Center for Chinese Studies, BCF is the first student- organized event on Berkeley’s campus that focuses on discussions of current issues in China. We aim to create a platform for students, scholars, professionals and entrepreneurs to discuss ongoing events, opportunities, challenges of China so that participants can gain new perspectives regarding the rapid social and economic transformation in China. Moreover, we hope that this forum can be an inspiration for the participants to increase their appreciation for their privileges and apply the knowledge they gain through these discussions to solve various social developmental problems China is currently facing. We have invited speakers from both acaddemia and industry in various disciplines. We belive Berkeley China Forum 2012: China in Transtion would be a day of inspiration!
Berkeley China Forum 2012: China In Transition features three keynote speeches and five panel discussions:
- Entrepreneurship and Technology Innovation
- Clean Energy,Green Tech, and Sustainable Development
- Economic transformation following Globalization
- Social Entrepreneurship and youth's responsibility
- Public Opinion and China in Different Perspectives
- Qiming Huang, president, SVCWireless
- Paul Fu, Global Director of User Experience, Alibaba
- James Caldwell, US - China Green Energy Council, CEO of E3 Regenesis Solutions
- Yangbin Wang, Founder & CEO, Vobile
- Andrew Ross, Business Columnist at SF Chronicle
- David Roland-Holst, Economics Professor, UC-Berkeley
- Tony Luh, Genenral Partner, Greater China President, The Westly Group
- Mark Beckford, CEO, NetBridge Global, Inc
- Stanley Kwong, Managing Director/Term Professor, China Business Program, University of San Francisco
- Matt Isaac, The Investigative Reporting Program (IRP)
- Xiaohua Yang, Associate Professor/Head of Globalization of Chinese Enterprise program, University of San Francisco
- Weiping Ding, Founder & CEO, Ding-Ding TV
When & Where
Berkeley Chinese Student and Scholars Association
Berkeley Chinese Students and Scholars Association (BCSSA) is a student organization dedicated to the goal of promoting social, intellectual and cultural activities for Chinese students and scholars at UC Berkeley as well as other interested members in the Berkeley community.